[sword-devel] BibleCS Installer

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Sep 18 02:27:13 MST 2005

Hey guys,
    I spend today trying to build a new installer for the upcoming
release of BibleCS.  I'm abandoning the commercial InstallShield
installer we currently use and am trying to make everything work using
the free NullSoft installer.  I gave up after trying to learn the
scripting language and downloaded Eclipse and the NullSoft Installer
plugin for Eclipse.  I used a wizard and got it pretty far.  Had to hand
edit the generated script to get it to compile.

There are a few things missing:
    Launch Readme.txt and wait for close BEFORE launching InstallManager.exe
    Registry keys correct so Windows Module self-installers (website,
module download, windows) know where to unzip themselves.
    Uninstaller successfully launching "$INSTDIR/InstallManager.exe
-uninstall" to uninstall all modules

    I've checked everything in:
https://crosswire.org/svn/biblecs/trunk/installer   so if you'd like to
give it a shot, please help yourself!  It expects the normal: sword,
icu-sword, biblecs directories all checked out at the same level.

svn co https://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk sword
svn co https://crosswire.org/svn/icu-sword/trunk icu-sword
svn co https://crosswire.org/svn/biblecs/trunk biblecs

    I'd really welcome the help with this.