[sword-devel] updated WEB and HNV bible modules?

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Wed Sep 14 17:17:36 MST 2005

I see Chris is already working on this, but I'll provide some
information, just in case it might be useful.
The GBF specification is at http://ebible.org/bible/gbf.htm. There are a
couple of extensions not listed there, but those are not in use by HNV
or WEB texts. GBF is kind of an old format, but still useful. I plan to
shift to USFM as the master format for WEB & HNV after I replace all the
software tools I have that use GBF. Far more Bible translations are
available in USFM or formats close to USFM than any other format.

Some GBF texts:
http://eBible.org/web/webgbf.zip
http://eBible.org/hnv/hnvgbf.zip
http://eBible.org/kjv/kjvgbf.zip
http://eBible.org/asv/asvgbf.zip

The above in modified OSIS format:
http://eBible.org/web/webosis.zip
http://eBible.org/hnv/hnvosis.zip
http://eBible.org/kjv/kjvosis.zip
http://eBible.org/asv/asvosis.zip

The source code for the converter than converted from GBF to modified
OSIS (LGPL):
http://ebt.cx/translation/gbf.html