[sword-devel] Re: [bt-devel] http://www.bibleserver.com plugin?

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 00:52:15 MST 2005

Just out of curiosity, how are sites like
bibleserver.com<http://bibleserver.com>and
biblegateway.com <http://biblegateway.com> able to provide access to
copyrighted texts? Do they all have agreements with the publishers? Do they
get away with not providing more than 500 verses at one time? And what,
exactly, would be the (legal) ramifications of providing a method whereby a
user could select a reference and tell a Sword front-end to retrieve that
reference from a web-page, in a manner similar to the way in which the
Mozilla Firefox extention works to allow a user to enter a passage and it
redirects the browser to bible.gospelcom or biblegateway or whatever site?
Would that be a breach of copyright laws?

--Greg