[sword-devel] Building libsword in Windows

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 6 08:11:41 MST 2005

Hi Greg ............

Greg Hellings wrote:

> I hope I don't sound like a broken record with my questions about
> libsword under Windows, but I'm still having problems getting my whole
> chain of libraries to build under MSW.  I just ran into a great
> realization the other day, however, when I remembered that
> BibleCS/Sword builds under BCB under Windows

Under C Builder 6 (Free: as in Beer, home-made wine and ....  {usw}  )
there's a file under /biblecs/cbuilder6 (in the repository) called
swordprj.bpg and this has all you need for building the library and the
Sword for Windows frontend.  (Sigh!) unfortunately in  your system ...
(WinDoze .... !!!!)  the libraries are not compatible with anyone else's
- (especially those of the paranoid Gates person).  Can't we stick with
a REAL system like GNU? (and DevC++ and GTK+ and QT4) and all the stuff
of the future when 'Bill Gates' body lies a' mould'ring in the grave
...... USW ....  (Martin might want to tell you what USW might mean).
Roll on the true cross platform Sword thingy   ....

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com