[sword-devel] Arabic support

See7a sameh.nabil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:18:57 MST 2005

Mina,
A great job; may God bless you.

I tested your files on Windows XP and here's what I got:
Sword.exe v1.5.6.0

   1. cp1256 working perfectly (y)
   2. utf8 not supported (causes problems when just copied in locale.dfolder)

 Sword.exe 1.5.8RC=1.5.7.114

   1. cp1256 not displayed in languages combo in preferences. Anybody
   knows why? Is this version utf8 only?
   2. utf8 working but causes access violatin errors (same errors I had
   before)

I'm sure now that there is a problem in utf8 handling in BibleCS. I hope
this can be enhabced sometime soon.

Blessings,
Sameh