[sword-devel] About permission

Vladimir Támara Patiño vtamara at informatik.uni-kl.de
Tue Oct 18 07:24:51 MST 2005

Regarding my last email:

I would like to know your thougts about the permission I'm asking.  Can
I add the Strong's numbers of KJV2003 to a translations of the gospels
that is in the public domain?

Obviously I will give credit. Please check the first footnote of each
gospel, there you will find the credits, and there I would add Crosswire
and the volunteers that helped to add Strong numbers to KJV2003 (someone else,
or more specific credits?).

I prefer to ask for this permission, since I'm confused about the status
of the Strong's numbers in the KJV module (GPL licensed or public domain?).
I read:
'CrossWire Bible Society hereby grants a general public license to use
this text for any purpose.'

However at http://www.crosswire.org/sword/kjv2003/index.html (also
attached) I read:
'For our first new text project, we're starting a KJV / Textus Receptus
parallel text which will be placed into the public domain upon

Please let me know.

Best regards.  God illuminate us.
Dios, por favor, ayudanos a hacer Tu voluntad que es felicidad desbordante.
  Vladimir Támara Patiño.