[sword-devel] Incremental Searching / CLucene update

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Nov 25 16:24:11 MST 2005

We'd really like to add incremental searching to some of our frontends,
like the SWORDWeb.  If you haven't tried "Google Suggest", then check it
out here:

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

For our search results to return this quickly, we'll need to use indexed
searching.  CLucene has already been integrated as an optional component
for our engine.  There are a few shortcomings of the current CLucene
that we've used: lacking UTF-8 support, stable when invalid search
expression is typed.

We'd like to update to a newer version of CLucene, and if these
shortcomings are not yet fixed, then we'd like to add support for these.

After a CLucene update/enhancement, we'd like to add "Google
Suggest"-like search support to SWORDWeb.

Please let us know if you'd like to be involved!