[sword-devel] imp2ld encoding problem

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Nov 22 00:03:00 MST 2005

imp2ld faithfully converts an IMP file to an LD database. There is no
text encoding transformation of the data involved, so what you put in
your file is exactly what will be placed in the module and is exactly
what you will get back (from a front-end or mod2imp).

The invalid character warning can be ignored. The only character
transformations that imp2ld performs relate to sorting the dictionary
keys, so the worst case would involve entries in the wrong order.
(Correct me if I'm wrong about this Troy.)

I'm not sure what you meant about trying different encodings. Which
values did you try? The .conf file for your module should include a line
that says "Encoding=UTF-8" if you have UTF-8 input.

--Chris