[sword-devel] Samoan translation

Tupuola From Pacificflair tupuola at pacificflair.com
Wed May 11 03:17:29 MST 2005

Talofa (greetings) members,

My name is Tupuola from Pacificflair.  I wrote some time ago and had just realised that it bounced as I receive numerous emails.

Below is the contents of my last email:
My name is Tupuola and the reason why I write (and signed up) is because our company is rolling out thousands of ex-leased pc's throughout the country (New Zealand) to low income families targeting Pacific families.  Our pc's are linux based (Yoper distro) operating systems only.  With each pc, we want to have the Bible or a Bible software installed as we need to use this medium to spread the word.  I don't attend a particular church or have a spiritual life but I know that the answers are in that black book that my father read everyday.

We are shipping thousands of pc's to the Pacific nations very soon with 'voip' pre-installed for less expensive communications etc.

The purpose is to 'lift the bar' for Pacific Nations people and to remind people that there are answers to why we are created.  We are getting tired of being labled 'low decile' etc as well.  With a Bible software installed and our ongoing translations, this will draw people close to God and the pc for better development.

We are based at Samoa Capital radio station (in Wellington NZ) and developing glossary of terms for Pacific nations starting with the Samoa language and then moving onto other Pacific languages.

Questions:
Is there a linux based Bible software available? prefebly free?

Can we assist with translations of the Bible? if so, how?

Sorry for the long email folks.

Can someone please contact me asap to progress this.

Keep up the good work!

www.pacificflair.com

Sent via the WebMail system at pacificflair.com