[sword-devel] Arabic Translation

See7a sameh.nabil at gmail.com
Sun May 1 10:13:25 MST 2005

Troy,

I've been away for a while, but now |'m back again to try some SWORD
translation. In the last few days, I've been trying to use the pre3
file in the link you provided and finally I got it to work today.

Now my problem is that I cannot  save the uilocales file as utf-8. I
used the en-GB file from the other link you provided. The file has the
Encoding value set to utf8 BUT it is saved as ascii. The momment I
save it as utf8, its entry in the preferences->languages dialog
disappears. To write arabic in a text file it has to be saved as utf8.

I don't know if this is a problem in SWORD or in my text editor. I
simply use Notepad on Win XP. My installation goes like this:I I
installed SWORd for Windows 1.5.6 normally then copied the
1.5.8pre3.exe to the installation folder. I also had to download and
copy icudt28l.dll to the same folder.

Any help in this would be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Sameh