[sword-devel] JSword et al

dmsmith555 at yahoo.com dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 10:02:44 MST 2005

A good place to find out how active JSword and Sword are is on their
development mailing lists, jsword-devel and sword-devel
You can join them or visit their archives. If you had scanned their
archives, you would have seen that both are very active.

You can join sword-devel here: (Which obviously you have already done)
Their archives are here:
JSword is tracking their progress at http://www.crosswire.org/bugs under
BibleDesktop, Common and JSword. (These are GUI, utilities and
infrastructure respectively).

You can join jsword-devel (or their other mailing lists) and get to
their archives from here:
For JSword, you can stay abreast of the changes by going to their
download site and linking to the nightly release.

Both Sword and JSword have significant activity.
Both are readying for a release: Sword will be releasing 1.5.8 and
JSword will be releasing 0.9.9.

Personally, I am developing JSword with others and I am putting in over
20 hours a week. My hope is to have a release on Good Friday. But, we
won't release before the software is ready.

In His service,