[sword-devel] links within genbooks

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Jun 17 20:58:21 MST 2005

Yes, there is a method for linking to other entries within
genbooks/etc., but you're not going to like it. And I don't think anyone
has implemented it.

Basically, use osisRefs. The issues are roughly outlined in the "How do
I encode osisRefs to lexicons?" thread.

I wouldn't recommend using URIs for this, but, then, neither would I
recommend using ThML, for myriad reasons.

Daniel Glassey wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm working with genbooks that want to reference other parts within
> themselves. Is there already a way to do that that frontends can all
> handle or should we design one?
>
> I see that BibleTime can use URIs of the form sword://Book/workname/reference
> e.g href="sword://Book/TestWork/Text/Body/Chapter 1/Section 1"
> I don't know what other frontends can use.

Yeah, I think we defined this a while ago. I don't recall whether we
ever implemented it beyond Bibles in BibleCS.

--Chris