[sword-devel] multiple views onto documents

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:57:38 MST 2005

Hi,
Here's more thoughts related to storage.

>From what I understand of OSIS they are aiming at storing the
documents where sections and paragraphs are the dominant divisions.
Chapters and verses are milestones.

This makes sense to me - sometimes the chapter/verse divisions aren't
the most helpful in reading the text.

I think it would be good to be able to access biblical texts in both
of these ways. You would keep the current verse offset index on the
data so you can get to a particular point with versekey.

We could also create a genbook like index on the sections within a book.

e.g
/John/Jesus and Nicodemus
/John/Jesus and the Woman of Samaria

I don't know exactly how the frontends could present this but it would
give them the option of doing so. imho this would be a very nice way
to browse the bible.

Regards,
Daniel