[sword-devel] New, young, front-end

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 18:55:09 MST 2005

What's going on with the error in al_num I can answer quickly. It should,
though, be moved to a board on SF instead. What's going on is that one of
those two functions should probably be wrapped in a #if wxUSE_UNICODE,
because that determines the definition of wxChar. If you have an ANSI build
of wxWidgets, then wxChar is the same as char, and the function is
redefined. Thanks for your input, guys! I'm home now, so I'll be able to get
back to coding once I get settled in at home tomorrow.

And, about the UTF capabilities in GTK+ verse those in wx - wx has decent
support for changing from different encodings to it's internal 16-bit
representation of Unicode when built to support that, but I have had trouble
displaying UTF-8 to wxMozilla, probably because of its architecture, but I
have contacted the developer about it. Again, thanks for all the input,
guys. You can email me directly if you have further comments on wxSword
itself by using the email link on SF.

--Greg