[sword-devel] Building Mandrake x86_64 RPMs

Alvin Smith email at alvinsmith.com
Sat Jan 22 09:56:32 MST 2005

On Saturday 22 January 2005 12:50 am, Brian Schroeder wrote:
> Brian Schroeder wrote:
> >>
> >> I guess you could use  --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3/lib64

> >> It contains the translations for the program and the translated
> >> documentation.
> >
> > Thanks Joachim.  Since sending that last message I managed
> > to compile it simply by defining LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/qt3/lib64"
> > in the environment before running "rpm -bb ...".
> >
> > Brian.
>
> I now have working sword and bibletime RPMs.  But I am having
> big problems with gnomesword.
>
> I have tweaked the spec and configure files to enable me to get
> it started.  But I am now getting the following error:
>
> sword_main.cc: In member function `GList* BackEnd::fill_Bible_books(int)':
> sword_main.cc:215: error: cannot convert `unsigned int*' to `gsize*' for
> argument `5' to `gchar* g_convert(const gchar*, gssize, const gchar*,
> const gchar*, gsize*, gsize*, GError**)'
> make[3]: *** [sword_main.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/gnomesword-2.1.1/src/backend' make[2]: ***
> [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/gnomesword-2.1.1/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/gnomesword-2.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.24855 (%build)
>

> The only idea I have been able to come up with is that I may be
> using a newer, stricter, version of GCC.  What is my best way
> ahead here?
>
> Brian.

I don't know, but I switched to the Debian distribution because I wanted to
have Bibletime and Gnomesword working on my computer.  No compiling needed.

It just works (TM).

I was using Fedora Core 2 at the time, another RPM based distribution.  I had
it all working under Fedora Core 1, but the upgrade broke something...

Having the Bible on my computer is very important to me.  When I found out
that I could install it with a couple of mouse clicks under Debian, that was
all I needed to know!

--
peace,
Alvin Smith