[sword-devel] SWORD with Cygwin [was: SWORDWeb for Windows]

David Forslund forslund at mail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:51:09 MST 2005

I can try this out.   What I need to know are the required dependencies
of the sword software to see what needs to be installed with cygwin.
It is difficult to guess from error messages.

Thanks,

Dave
Chris Little wrote:
> Actually, it's just a problem in the installed CygWin environment. The
> default Cygwin environment isn't a full development environment, so
> you need to install libtool (and maybe other packages) using the
> CygWin installer.
>
> (I'm not sure that there aren't OTHER problems with a CygWin build,
> but this will fix the problem identified below.)
>
> --Chris
>
> Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>> David,
>>     Thank you for your efforts.  This is a basic SWORD on Cygwin
>> compile problem, for which I have no expertise.  Hoping someone with
>> experience can comment.
>>
>>     -Troy.
>>

>> David Forslund wrote:
>>
>>> I tried building it under cygwin  and get the following errors:
>>>

>>> C:\projects\sword>sh autogen.sh
>>> *** Sword build system generation
>>> *** Recreating libtool
>>> libtoolize
>>> autogen.sh: line 8: libtoolize: command not found
>>> *** Recreating aclocal.m4
>>> aclocal
>>> m4/cppunit.m4:4: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
>>>  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>>>  or see
>>> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
>>> /usr/share/aclocal/gtk-2.0.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
>>> AM_PATH_GTK_2_0
>>> *** Recreating configure
>>> configure.ac:26: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
>>>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use
>>> m4_pattern_allow.
>>>      See the Autoconf documentation.
>>> configure.ac:27: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>>> *** Recreating the Makefile.in files
>>> configure.ac: installing `./install-sh'
>>> configure.ac: installing `./missing'
>>> examples/cmdline/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
>>> lib/Makefile.am:16: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
>>> lib/Makefile.am:16: