[sword-devel] gnomeSword compilation

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue Dec 6 17:55:58 MST 2005

Hi!

I've got a Tao-4 linux system (a RHEL4 clone) and have installed
sword 1.5.8 from RPM.

I've built bibletime 1.5.3 against that version of Sword, and it
seems to work fine.

but I remember 2-3 years ago I liked the UI in gnomesword better so
I've tried to compile both 2.0.0 and 2.1.1 against sword 1.5.8, and
neither will compile. In both cases it will die complaining of a missing
file: unixstr.h.  this file appears to exist in Sword 1.5.7 but is not
in my 1.5.8 system. Is this a bug, or a feature?

Has anyone else gotten a recent GnomeSword to compile against a recent
Sword toolkit?

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!

Fred