[sword-devel] Re: Strong's numbers in Septuagint/LXX module?

RLRANDALLX at aol.com RLRANDALLX at aol.com
Sat Dec 3 16:19:17 MST 2005

In a message dated 12/2/2005 11:05:31 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
sword-devel-request at crosswire.org writes:

Yes,  keying the greek words to the KJV words, and using Strong's
>numbers to  do the keying.
>
>For instance, it is useful to know that the LXX  uses paradiso where the
>KJV translates the Hebrew as "garden" or  "paradise".

No interest?  Is the source available for the Java  client so I could set
up such an  effort?

Ted

With BibleCS you can create a "Parallel" bible with KJV, WLC, and  LXX.
Switch on Strong's numbers and you get the Hebrew numbers from the  KJV and Greek
numbers from LXX.  WLC does not have embedded Hebrew numbers  but gives the
straight Hebrew.  Anyway, If you right-click on a number you  can do a
dictionary look-up and get the Greek or Hebrew meaning at will.   Have you tried this
approach?  Once "search" gets improved, you could do  some fancy things there
as well.

In His Grace,
Robin

Phone:  650-948-8037