[sword-devel] QT4 ..............

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 16 05:34:22 MST 2005

Hi there ..........

As a result of proposals to port BibleTime to the cross-platform QT4
Widget set, I have been taking a look at QT4.  It is really impressive
and well worth a look.  To my mind, one very considerable advantage is
that as well as being totally cross-platform, it is not dependent on a
limited compiler version or versions on the Windows environment.  In
Windows, many popular IDE's are supported including GnuC++ ..............

I mention this because I've looked at a whole range of stuff over the
past few months including GTK+, WXWidgets and some of the proprietory
widget sets that are compiler/IDE specific (and Windows specific), and
so far QT4 seems to come out well on top of the pile!  Of course, I
could be wrong!  Give it a try!

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).