[sword-devel] The FSF's Views on GPL-covered Libraries

Jeremy Erickson jerickson314 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 25 18:32:36 MST 2005

	Earlier I asked licensing at gnu.org about using non-GPL (but GPL-compatible)
licenses for software that uses GPL'd libraries, to see what their
perspective on the issue was.  Following are the messages I sent and the
replies I received.  Please note that I am not trying to spite Crosswire and
will license the Sword plugin solely under the GPL (though BibleMemorizer
will of course be MIT/X11).  This is just what the FSF thinks.