[sword-devel] NET Bible

Tom Whittemore tom_whittemore at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 25 00:53:01 MST 2005

Brother Troy:

Thanks for responding.  When the SWORD started,  it found the net.conf
file in the newmods folder,  and moved it to the mods.d folder.

Since the AJKV works well,  I copied the AKJV ot, nt, ot.vss, and the
nt.vss files into the NET \modules\texts\rawtext\ folder,  thus
overwriting the four NET files.  Still didn't work.  So I edited the
AKJV.conf file,  changed the two lines below and saved it as NET.conf,
thus overwriting the NET.conf file.  Still didn't work!  I have the four
AKJV files and the AJKV .conf file with only two lines changed,  and the
NET Bible still shows no verses.  Am I missing something here?  This
shouldn't be that hard.  If a plain,  vanilla Bible is this much
trouble,  I shudder at the thought of a 60,000+ entry Commentary file
with Greek, Hebrew, Transliterated and Unical fonts!

[NET]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/net/

P.S.  You people on this site are so very knowledgable and computer
language savvy that most of your "techie" talk is about as far above me
as the 7th heaven!  (says he,  with a sheepish grin.  So,  please,  type
a little slower so that I might keep up!)  I don't want to talk "age"
here,  but in college all of our  (COBOL / RPG)  programs were entered
via punched cards!  And my first job was on a NCR 310 computer with 4Kb
of memory,  where all of the data and programs were stored on punched
paper tape  (and it ran a data centre)!  I truly do appreciate all of
your help.

P.P.S.  Brother Barry (Drake) responded and I sent him a small sample of
the .imp file for him to peruse.

--

Agape Love, always!

Yours, in His Holy Name,

Tom W.

How happy is the one whose rebellious acts are forgiven, whose sin is
pardoned!

How happy is the one whose wrongdoing the Lord does not punish, in whose
spirit there is no deceit.

 - Psalms 32:1-2 (NET)

All outgoing Email has been scanned for viruses by Norton Anti-Virus
2005 v11.0 Professional.