[sword-devel] MinGwin

Barry Drake b-drake at supanet.com
Mon Apr 25 00:39:45 MST 2005

Hi Chris .....

Krzysztof Bialas wrote:

> This is definitelly great news!! I'm also looking for it in Cygwin -
> SVN version bails out on configure script while creating Makefiles
> thou...

All I did was use the configuration files out of the old Sword 1.5.7
version that can be downloaded from the Sword site.  D M Smith wrote:
 > If I remember there was output that said to add a file to another, so
I did that then it worked.

That is when you run aclocal.  It asks you to add the contents of an
existing .m4 file from a su-directory to the one it has just built.  I
haven't tried it, but that must be the correct way to build a makefile.
Look at the autogen.sh script, and run the operations manually, adding
the file it tells you between operations and see if that works.

> I'd also like to see BibleTime compiled in Cygwin - it looks like
> everything is available - KDE and QT are already there.

I believe Joachim is considering a Windows port when QT4 is freely
available for Windows.  I'd love to see BibleTime running under Windows!

God bless,

Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com