[sword-devel] NET Bible

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sat Apr 23 19:16:31 MST 2005

To add to what Troy said, I would really recommend trying to encode the
Bible in OSIS. In order to encode notes, section titles, paragraphing,
references, etc., you'll have to use some kind of markup, and OSIS is
the markup format the Sword supports best.

Tom Whittemore wrote:
> I have tried to use the vpl2mod for the 31,102 verse "text only" NET
> Bible,  and I keep getting "problem" messages during the running of the
> vpl2mod.  The outputed OT text has words running together,  plus,  it
> also contains a lot of Matthew verses.  Could someone please spare a few
> minutes to help a SWORD Project rank "rookie"?

What are you using as your source? The HTML files available for download
or some other source?

> *Original Text*
> In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
> Now the earth was without shape and empty, and darkness was over the
> surface of the watery deep, but the Spirit of God was moving over the
> surface of the water.
> God said, "Let there be light." And there was light!
> God saw that the light was good, so God separated the light from the
> darkness.
> God called the light "day" and the darkness "night." There was evening,
> and there was morning, marking the first day.

Is this (everything following *Original Text*) the actual input to
vpl2mod? (I.e., there's no other markup and those are plain (0x20)
spaces that are being removed.)

--Chris