[sword-devel] osis2mod/sword - memory corruption problem within sword-api?

Krzysztof Bialas krzbia at ctm.gdynia.pl
Sun Apr 17 08:53:35 MST 2005

    Hi,
I hope You all will forgive me this Sunday afternoon possible bug report.

I'm still struggling with BCB6/Sword/osis2mod. I have a bit updated
information that might help in solving the problem.
osis2mod in the main function  opens the source file and stores file
descriptor in the 'fd' variable. Then the first line of the module is read
(<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>). This line is then passed to the
handletoken function. Now 'the magic' happens. Just getting there corrupts
the contents of 'fd' variable setting it to '15160004' (in Your case it
might me a different number, what is worth mentioning is that the number is
the same each execution run).  It seems that corruption accurs somewhere in
the token.c_str()function (while executing contructor of XMLTag(const char
*tagString)). Unfortunatelly my BCB6 personal does not allow me to set data
breakpoints, so it is really difficult for me to say where 'exactly' it
happens.

Is this happening only to me? BCB6 problem? sword-api SVN 1779 problem?

Greetings
Christopher