[sword-devel] module making problem - U_INVALID_CHAR_FOUND

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Apr 13 06:15:43 MST 2005

Could you post the commends you issued (both to imp2ld and to mod2imp)
and the .conf file you created for the module?

I tried it myself and it worked fine roundtrip with the rawLD4 driver.
The zLD driver looks like it has a bug since it quit exporting at 12.25.

I have a couple of other recommendations for the markup though:
Convert the sequence "--" to an actual emdash character, when it
appears. The encoding is inconsistent in this matter, since some
emdashes do appear in the text.
Pick any markup format other than plaintext. imp2ld doesn't seem to be
respecting linebreaks, and the frontends wouldn't necessarily do so
either. If you want to guarantee a linebreak toss some <p>'s in there
and change the .conf accordingly. This will also permit markup of
scripture references.

--Chris