[sword-devel] Please Tell Me if I am doing this Module Right

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu May 27 22:29:06 MST 2004

Hi John,

john marchant wrote:

> I went to the OSIS site and downloaded the OSIS Robinson's Word Pictures
> in .xml format.  I then used xml2gbs -fO rwp.xml to convert it to these
> files:
>
> rwp.idx 29k
> rwp.bdt 9512k
> rwp.dat 303k

xml2gbs converts OSIS & ThML documents to GenBook modules.  The above
are all GenBook module files.

> It shows up in the installed modules and I get a tab.  But no text shows
> up for a verse selection.  Others populate, MHC, for example, which is
> where I took the .conf file below, modifying it for my needs.

A tab will show up if you have a .conf file that indicates a module
exists, regardless of whether it actually does.  The .conf file you have
below is for a commentary module (not a GenBook module), so Sword is
looking for a different bunch of files from what you have in the
directory.  You should pick one of the GenBook modules (e.g.
SummaTheologica or Josephus) as the basis for your .conf file.