[sword-devel] Bible in a Year Email app

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Fri May 21 14:38:01 MST 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, David Overcash wrote:

> To my knowledge there have been similiar programs, however, I think your
> idea stands apart from them in it's form of email delivery.  What I
> would do if I were you would be to create a program as you are that
> looks up a sword verse, and sends an email containing that verse...
> However, have that program grab it's list of people to send to from a
> mySQL database which will be on the web, and have a website where people
> can sign up to put their email in that database...  make sense?

Sounds like something that does not need any new tool at all.

Use mailinglist software like mailman to take care of delivery.
Use crontab to generate a daily message to this list.

All I need is something to get a daily devotional and it could be up 5
minutes after that.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.