[sword-devel] Re: Maps revisited

Fri May 14 09:41:06 MST 2004

On Friday 14 May 2004 11:25 am, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> > 2) Interactive - These would be the hallmark. It would possibly be
> > derived from SVG or some other similar standard. Basically the user
> > is presented with a map that contains "hotspots."
>
> 	Can't this be done with HTML-embedded PNGs and JPEGs?

Yes I suppose it could, however, it would make for much bigger modules with
maps as you would have to have an image for each zoom level you want or
settle for very poor bitmap image resizing. And also as far as I know image
maps aren't quite as versitle as SVG anyway. But I could be very wrong on
that last one.