OT: [sword-devel] owner-sword-devel@crosswire.org sent out a virus

JPKlingon at aol.com JPKlingon at aol.com
Sat May 8 10:58:11 MST 2004

In a message dated 5/8/2004 12:51:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
scribe at crosswire.org writes:
That email wasn't sent thru the list.  It was spoofed from
sword-devel to you (unless I missed something)
This is a common problem - most mass mail worms harvest lists of email
addresses, and use one as their source address in emailing to the rest of the
addresses.  That way the mail never bounces back to the infected user; it also may
make the email more plausible, on the theory that any two users in your address
book know each other.  Another tactic is to send email FROM you to a bogus
address that bounces back the infected letter TO you.  In all cases the forged
source address is NOT really compromised or infected.

     Joel the Klingon Security Guy.

** http://KLV.mrklingon.org :The Klingon Language Version Bible **
**** Hegh tI, 'ej ngab tI naH, 'ach reH taHtaH joH'a'ma' mu'****
**"The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our **
** God stands forever." Isaiah 40.8 NLT **

** joel peter anderson * joela at mrklingon.org **

Vaccines Save Lives * http://www.vaccineinformation.org