[sword-devel] RE: [spam] RE: OSIS 2.0.1 modules updated

Todd Tillinghast sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:40:18 -0700

Michael,

<snip>

> 1. I want all quotation punctuation to be included verbatim in the
> text, not markup, of the OSIS document. I don't want any punctuation,
> including quotation marks, to be handled as a rendering issue.

In an XML document everything is markup.  Are you making a distinction
between text markup as an attribute of an element and text marked up as
the PCDATA child of an element?

I am fairly sure that you would make a distinction between a text marked
up by an element that represents a character (a <space/> element rather
than simply a space character).  I am not sure why this would
troublesome as long as the two are defined to equivalent.  Can you
explain?

The character "a" when used represents a logical character that is
converted to a different glyph when rendered.  No matter what you encode
in an XML document it will all converted to a presentation
representation when rendered.

Todd