[sword-devel] RPM build problem

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:22:47 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Dale Wilcox wrote:

> I getting the following error when I try to build a RPM:
>
> + make install_config DESTDIR=/var/tmp/sword-buildroot
> /bin/sh: line 1: /etc/sword.conf: Permission denied
> make: *** [install_config] Error 1
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.21924 (%install)
> RPM build errors:
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.21924 (%install)
>
>  Any ideas what my problem is?

No. But it might have to do with a small patch I added to sword 1.5.7 just
to be able to build sword as non-root.

What distribution and version does this apply to?
Which sword version and which spec file did you use?

You might want to see if
http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/software/FC1/sword-1.5.7-2.i386.html offers any
help in this. (Please note the password link on the right of the top menu
bar!)

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.