[sword-devel] Re: Re: Heretics corrected in ThML

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Jun 11 14:58:19 MST 2004

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra wrote:
> 	Oh my, someone has been debating inexistant software in this
> list!
> 	Sorry, I couldn't resist...
> 	Or do you mean 'there's no such thing yet, it's still
> unreleased in the CVS?'

If it still exists in CVS, it's by mistake and I'll remove it next time
I think of it.  thml2gbs was replaced with xml2gbs, which is why I said
to use that.

>>If your real question is how to convert a ThML document to a Sword
> 	Actually, how to convert ThML to OSIS.

Talk to Harry at CCEL.

>>the answer is: use xml2gbs.
> 	Well, would this be acceptable?
> 	I mean, I really wanted to contribute an OSIS file, specially
> after you said -- in the case of my PorAA -- you wanted the OSIS file,
> not the module.
> 	Now, if for Heretics you are OK with the module, or even with
> ThML, then just tell me so...
> 	Sorry for the confusion.

To be clear: We want source files, regardless of the format, as the
Module Making Guide says
(http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/index.jsp).  But we
want you to test and debug it as a module first.  If you don't want to
test it, you can still submit it, but it will probably be months before
I get around to testing it for you.

We prefer OSIS files, but if none are available, we'll take ThML.  GBF
files, HTML files, and compiled modules are all undesirable.