[sword-devel] sword-devel RPM does not contain sword.pc

Andy Piper andy.piper at freeuk.com
Sun Jun 6 09:58:14 MST 2004

I've just been building a CVS / "1.5.8" RPM for my Fedora Core
2 system to attempt to track down some bugs reported by
different GnomeSword users.

After hacking a dist tarball together (ran make dist, then had
to copy bindings and include into it again as not all of the
files were included) I did successfully build an RPM.

I then went to build gnomesword2 and found that configure would
no complete as sword.pc was not installed in
/usr/lib/pkgconfig. Sure enough, it is not included in the
.spec file.

My .spec file now has the following sections:
%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
%config /etc/sword.conf
%config /usr/share/sword/mods.d/globals.conf
%config /usr/share/sword/locales.d/*.conf
%doc README AUTHORS NEWS INSTALL
/usr/lib/libsword*
/usr/bin/*
#/usr/share/sword

%files devel
%defattr(-,root,root)
%doc doc/*
/usr/include/sword
/usr/lib/libsword.*a
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/sword.pc

I have some memory that we've been over this before? (maybe I'm
imagining it and it is just something I've fixed before but
forgotten to mention). I also suspect that Hugo has an
up-to-date and accurate .spec file, maybe the one in SWORD CVS
should be updated too?

Andy

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
http://jumpgate.homelinux.net/