[sword-devel] CD distribution improvement

William Thimbleby wjt100 at york.ac.uk
Sat Jul 10 19:15:13 MST 2004

Many people seem to complain about cd distribution. I realise it is all
done by volunteers at the moment (thanks).  I was just sitting thinking
about ways we could improve it.

I think it might be worthwhile offloading the job of distribution to
somewhere like http://www.swiftcd.com/ who could do the same job. The
disadvantage is that users will be charged for a bit more money (about
$4), but I think that for most this would still be a small payment. The
advantages are many, it removes the burden from the sword project, we
don't have to deal in money, the cds can be nicely labelled and could
come with an insert with instructions, international shipping is easily
handled, payment can be handled over the web or in other ways, and
users will get their cds in a timely way.

These are only preliminary thoughts, what do you think?

regards --Will