[sword-devel] NET Bible

Hastings hastings at dancris.com
Fri Jul 2 09:50:40 MST 2004

>On Thursday 01 July 2004 04:38 pm, Chris Little wrote:
> > I think it's a bit of a disservice to our users since
> > they could not use InstallMgr for installation and updating as
> > conveniently as it is at the moment with a single download site.

Perhaps, but at least it is service at some level. As to InstallMgr: in
place of the file on the Crosswire server a link to the site with the
module could be used. InstallMgr would have to either access the other
site, or present the user with an option to bring up the site in a browser.
This would involve some changes in InstallMgr and maintenance of the of
site links, but it sounds doable to me, at least in theory.

Another change in InstallMgr that may someday be helpful is a way to
download and/or update settings for other servers, such as mirrors and
servers of special modules not found on Crosswire. Having the mirrors
automatically added to InstallMgr would be nice for those times that
Crosswire is down.

Jerry