[sword-devel] NET Bible

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 2 03:07:43 MST 2004

Hi there .........

On 1 Jul 2004 at 13:38, Chris Little wrote:
> Also, I don't know the feelings of others with regard to third party
> distribution of modules.

For my two-penn'orth, I'd say go for it!  Any means that makes modules
- especially quality ones like NET - available to all has to be wonderful!
Install manager is useful, but not vital, and wouldn't be a problem for
the majority of users.  All the plain downloads have directory paths in
the zip file, so it only needs extracting with paths into the Sword path to
work.  Inserting the cypher-key is a little more complicated, but I'm sure
most users are capable of using a plaintext editor and following a
simple instruction.

I know it's a pity - but I can well understand copyright holders wanting
to be in control.  Let them in - let them use the world's finest piece of
bible software.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk
for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com