[sword-devel] Beyond impressed by mvnForum

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:56:52 -0700

Hi Chris and sword-develop'ers,

Bluntly, I was initially concerned about some of the features offered by
mvnForum, and whether it was mature software or not.

Just as a check, I posted a question about whether mvnForum can match the
Macromedia FuseTalk capability to:
as a feature that can alleviate the amount of "spam/scams" showing up in a
forum.

I'm definitely ignorant about what is the norm for modern forum software,
but I was pessimistic about the answer:

* Within hours had response that answer is YES

* Inadvertantly got answer that very desireable feature for "activity on
watched post generates eMail" is implemented

* Inadvertantly get answer that totally unexpected but very desireable
feature for "allow edit on previous post by author" is implemented.

I'm beyond impressed! I have a feeling that the more a person uses mvnForum,
the more "goodies" will turn up. "Aweful" in the 1611 sense :-)

For His glory and honor,
Lynn