[sword-devel] Curious about mvnForum status?

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:18:58 -0700

Hi sword-develop'ers,

I have been eagerly awaiting availability of the mvnForum. My impression is
that a prototype was installed several months ago to gain experience, with
general availability to possibly follow based on experience.

I just checked the previous URL
http://www.crosswire.org/forums/mvnforum/index

and it was blank. Am I doing something wrong? Has the URL changed?  Has a
decision be made that mvnForum would be redundant to the sword-devel list
and thus add more work?

If scarce resources are the issue on the part of the incredibly over-worked
(and talented) sword maintainers, perhaps someone with appropriate skills
could be recruited. My impression is this would involve Linux and serious
webmaster experience, but the incredible talent pool on this list might be
able to "cough up" someone :-)

I was so impressed by the potential of mvnForum that I'm inclined to
volunteer. However, my Linux skills are essentially non-existent, and I am
no more than a "webmaster ordinaire" :-)

Lynn A.
l.allan@att.net