[sword-devel] Windows CE interface

Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:40:51 -0800

Johah,
	Thanks for the answers and encouragement.

Johan Gorter wrote:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/developer/def
> ault.mspx
>
> It comes with an emulator, so you can use it. (I should add however that
> this device only emulates 16Mb of memory and sometimes a large book like
> psalms will not decompress).

I'm still not sure how to upload a module to the emulator.  Any help
there would be greatly appreciated.

> The frontend is already split off from the library. There are two
> projects in the workspace, one which results in the sword.dll file and
> one which results in the gui.exe. The gui uses the header files and the
> generated sword.lib from the first project though.

Yes, you had everything split very nicely!  Very nice work.

> I really hope you can get the main sword repository working with this
> gui. I was thinking since I had to make a lot of modifications due to
> problems with namespaces, we should disable the namespaces in the sword
> library (There was an option for this, wasn't there?).

Well, like I said, it 'compiles' for me now :)  I'm not sure if it
actually works, cuz I can't get a Bible onto the emulator yet :)

> Feel free to make the CVS repository with the gui sources that I sent
> already. If it needs some modifications due to changes in the sword
> library, this should only be in one file, which is the wrapper.

Thank you.  I've just added the CVS module called 'swordreader'.  Your
write access information will follow in a private email.

> I do not know if the unicode modules will be easy to do. The CE-system
> is completely unicode, but it may need some more work to function.
>
> Greetings and may God bless you,

Thank you again!  This is fun :)  May God use this work mightily for His
Kingdom.

	-Troy.