[sword-devel] I am a developer

Andy Piper sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:17:59 +0000

Derek Viljoen wrote:
> I'm writing to offer (a little) help with the development
process of
> GnomeSword.

Great - note that the majority of GnomeSword discussion goes on
at gnomesword-developers@lists.sf.net, however.

> What might interest you?
>
> One feature I had that I really liked on my app was a VERY easy
to use
> cross-reference system.  You could right-click and select a
verse for
> cross referencing.  You then went to another verse and pasted
it as a
> reference.  You could then just right click and get a child
popup menu
> listing all of the cross references to a verse.
>
> Although, I have a problem, which may not be a real bug, but I
can't get
> the personal module to save any of my text.  I'm sure its a
> configuration issue.  If not, I'd love to get that feature
working for
> you.  I'd really use it.  I used it a lot in OnlineBible.
Also, maybe a
> utility to convert my OnlineBible notes to sword.

Do you have the Personal module installed in your user directory?
Do you have permissions to update it?

> Problems/shortcomings you've observed with The SWORD Project
software
> you might be willing to work:
>
> (see above)
>
> Ideas for improvements:
>
> Good user documentation, and better online support docs.

We definitely need to improve our docs, any help you can provide
in this area would certainly be appreciated.

Andy

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy.piper@freeuk.com