[sword-devel] Windows CE: application layout

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:27:04 -0700

Johan,
	I like your ideas, and very much like the role you have requested to
play.  I would love to have the gui done with skeleton functions for me
to add code to interface with the engine!  What a blessing!

	To try out some of the lexicon and greek help that already works, try
installing the latest: KJV, Strongsgreek, Robinsons, Strongshebrew
modules.  Then turn on Strongs and Morphology.  You should be able to
click on these numbers or codes and see the Greek word definitions and
tense (to be oversimplistic) of the original language text.

	I think adding a page for these is fine.  The popup boxes were a
temporary solution and don't provide for display very large entries.

	The Cross-References in, say, the NASB or ESV are also something we
should think about supporting.  Currently the popup boxes show the
references, but they would be more useful if they were in some kind of
verselist where the user could chose each one and see the verse, then
possibly jump to the verse in context in the normal text display screen.
  What do you think of having a general VerseList page and it could
double for this purpose, and also for the search results?  We could use
it maybe for other stuff in the future, as well.

	Thanks again!  I'm excited to work together with you!  You want to do
all the parts that I don't know how!

	-Troy.