[sword-devel] Developer Needs

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Fri Dec 31 14:34:02 MST 2004

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] Developer Needs
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:55:39 -0500
From: Eric Hartwell <darth_linux at ameritech.net>
To: evangelinux at matheteuo.org,
	"SWORD Developers' Collaboration Forum" <sword-devel at crosswire.org>

On Friday 31 December 2004 11:29, Don Parris wrote:
> Some may be aware that I am more of an advocate than a hacker.  I
> remember seeing a post from Martin Gruner about Volunteer opportunities.
> The Freely Project, Open Source Ministry, and at least two other
> Christian FOSS groups are actively involved in setting up a news portal
> for the Christian FOSS community.  One thing I believe we need to do
> more of is recruiting other Christian hackers to help with existing
> projects.

> God bless,
> Don

I am a budding hacker and would love to contribute where I can. I can do some
C and Java. I am currently learning QT.

I use BibleTime in KDE.

God bless,

Eric Hartwell
You probably could help out some with the JSword project specifically.  The InfoCentral project is looking for Java folks, preferably with some enterprise-level development experience.  CHADDB is a MySQL back-end that's getting a Java front-end.  Pray about it.  Also, talk with the developers for each project, and see which one you feel you can best fit into.  See how the Lord leads you.

DC Parris  GNU Evangelist
evangelinux at matheteuo.org

Free software is like God's love - you can share it with anyone anywhere anytime!