[sword-devel] Re: Sword Module WLC.

Martin Gruner mg.pub at gmx.net
Sun Dec 12 08:34:43 MST 2004

Shalom Albert,

thank you for your email. I am not 100% sure, but I believe that the
differences in the WLC are only to the 1983 Edition of the BHS. The recent
edition makes the same changes, and is therefore identical, afaict now.

Well, the Sword format is created from a source document, which is encoded in
OSIS. But this is also only a second step, the original document from WHI is
a plain text file which is not even in Unicode. I'd be most willing to assist
you with the integration of your data. Working from the OSIS document is
perhaps the best idea, this would also avoid problems with the current
limitations of Sword's versification system, which are problematic for the
Tanach. (The problems still have to be solved, though.)

We'd be more than glad to have Strong numbers for the WLC! We could create an
additional module WLCStrongs (or similar) for this purpose. Do you have the
copyright for the Strongs datafile? Would you be willing to grant Crosswire
and/or others access to it?

Looking forward to cooperation with you,

Martin Gruner

Am Freitag, 10. Dezember 2004 19:25 schrieben Sie: