[sword-devel] Missing books - faithful translations?

kylem at sandbox.thehaleyhouse.com kylem at sandbox.thehaleyhouse.com
Wed Apr 28 07:42:17 MST 2004

Andre,

First, thanks for the encouragement!

In answer to your main question, no, there hasn't been any "liberal editing" or theological bias against the texts in question. It is a design issue. The original design of the sword library was hard-coded, in a sense, to the modern KJV versification scheme, which did not include the Apocrypha.

However, there are plans to move to a more flexible system, that could support different versification schemes (everything from including the Apocrypha to translations like The Message). I also believe, but don't hold me to it, that there was discussion to release the books in a general book format, that would show up in the commentary window. However, I believe the concern there was showing the books outside of the bible window would again imply there was something wrong with those specific books.

In response to the display of the Apocrypha, how do you feel about the display of the books in the commentary window?  While it may not be as canonized, it would mean they are available to use.  I don't remember reading about any specific decision, though if there is one, someone else will also respond, or at least appreciate some feedback.

I hope this answered your questions and allayed any concerns you had about The Sword Project. Best wishes on your translation of Douay=Rheims to Spanish. Perhaps, someday it may be included in Sword (Note: decision not up to me, I do not speak for group in this case)

In Christ,
Kyle