[sword-devel] drm

Michael A. Peters sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed Apr 21 01:37:04 MST 2004

I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there any plans to add some
kind of a drm mechanism so that "locked" modules can be purchased?

It would be really nice to be able to use NASB and a current version of
the greek new testament, even if I had to purchase a license.

I don't know about windows, but one way to do it in Linux that would be
pretty safe is a key based upon the users gpg - sword could
automatically request a license file from vendor based upon users gpg
public key, and get a license file that is only usable with that users
gpg private key.

--
Cheap Linux CD's - http://mpeters.us/linux/