[sword-devel] FlashCards

anthony kerr sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:51:39 +1000

Hi Troy

Hope your are being blessed in every way.

I am a big fan of the KDE app KVocTrain and use it for both greek and Hebrew.
It has some really neat features like word recognition rating, inline
editing, and the ability to export to a .csv file.

I mention this not to discourage you from your good work but to point out what
might be a distant target at this early stage, if you aren't aware of it.
KVocTrain is part of the "Edutainment" sources.

I also have been working on extensive unicode vocab lists, because KDE now
displays Hebrew well, including final kaf with shewa or qamats.  I am 95% on
the way to having all of Seow's 835 words (Hebrew) and Mounce's (Greek) Words
occurring 10 times and up. An earlier version of the Seow list can be grabbed
from http://www.jesuscentral.net/jc_resources.html

in Christ we stand
anthony