[sword-devel] CVS Tree lost icu-sword branches

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:00:19 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004, Jonathan Mickelson wrote:

> The latest biblecs is too far out of sync with the latest sword and 
> icu-sword.  BCB6 appears not to be a viable development environment for 
> Sword

Just for clarification, BibleCS is actually developed primarily in BCB5.  
I think the only reason for this is that Troy hasn't upgraded, but I could
be wrong.  So, if you have access to BCB5, you might have a bit better
luck.  If not, the BCB6 projects are likely only a little bit out of sync
from the BCB5 projects that are used to build the releases.
> I tried building SwordWin 1.5.6 by pulling "sword-1-5-6" from the cvs 
> tree for sword, icu-sword, and biblecs.
> While sword and biblecs existed, icu-sword does not.  I tried pulling 
> tag "sword-1-5-7" for icu-sword to no avail.

Just pull the head of the icu-sword module.  That should get you the 
correct stuff.  However, I'm going to do an update of icu-sword this week 
and sync it up with ICU's latest version (2.8 vs. the currect 2.6-based 
icu-sword).  So there may be some large updates coming soon.