[sword-devel] curiosity

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:51:35 -0700

David's Mailing List and Spam Receiver wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2003 12:23 am, Chris Little wrote:
>
>>No, no.  We wouldn't complain about eagerness.  It's just that some of
>>the volunteer tasks weren't really supposed to be posted and we've had a
>>number of offers to do tasks that none of us were aware needed to be done.
>

> I still don't see the harm in letting people do these tasks..I mean isn't that
> part of the point of open source?

Strictly speaking, the point of open source is software code.  We don't
need new graphics because the current ones are still pretty new, and I'm
unaware of any felt need to replace them.  Technical writers wouldn't be
very useful because it would take more work, in most cases, to explain
what to write than to simply write it ourselves.

--Chris