[sword-devel] Having trouble rebuilding BibleCS (win32) with CBuilder 5.5 make. Where is {root}/Makefile.cfg?

Lynn Allan sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:52:17 -0700

Inquiring (newbie) minds want to know:
* Is there a procedure documented somewhat to rebuild BibleCS (win32) using
the Borland CBuilder 5.5 command line compiler?

As part of getting up to speed with the sword-api, I've attempted to rebuild
BibleCs (win32) with CBuilder. No doubt there is operator error on my part,
but I'm baffled how to even get started. Using:
{root}\apps\windoze\CBuilder5\BibleCS\Makefile
the CBuilder make process pretty much immediately fails due to missing
include ${root}/Makefile.cfg

My impression is that there is a linux oriented .sh script that is supposed
to generate the Makefile.cfg. Was this left out of CVS? Is a win-32
developer wannabe supposed to have gnu or cygwin tools installed, and be
capable of generating {root}/Makefile.cfg?