[sword-devel] locale handling

Hugo van der Kooij sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:58:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I dropped this issue on the gnomesword list but it seems to be sword
instead.

If I use the regular locale setting of LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8 the sword module
does not recognize this. I have to set it to LAN=nl to make sword find the
proper config file.

But various gnome applications do not like the short LANG settings and
complain.

Can handling of the locale settings be changed to handle the common local
settings in stead of relying on it to match an exact string?

So en.conf would be an match for en_GB.UTF-8 unless there is a more
specific en_GB.conf file to override the en.conf settings.

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.